Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion Calibration & Distance always on!

Hi All

Since the past couple of weeks motion calibration & distance setting is running in geofence mode which drains my battery very quickly. So far I wasn't able to find any answer which would help me out.

User uploaded file

There are some forums where users say they changed location setting for weather app etc. but here it's not the case. All apps are set to use location services only when the app is running.

I'm running iOS 11.2 on the iphone 7+ and watchOS 4.2 on apple watch s3.

I've tried rebooting, reseting all the settings, restoring on freshly installed ios but nothing helped.

Did anyone come across this? Is it the rouge app, bug or maybe it is a normal behaviour when phone is paired with the apple watch.

Any thoughts?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 9:42 AM

4 replies

Feb 23, 2018 4:29 PM in response to carlosdente

Hey there.

Got a bit of info :

Some apps , that asks access to Motion and Fitness and as soon as you accept it, you will get Calibration loop.

In my case, that was Runtastic , so as soon as i approve access to Motion and Fitness for this app ---- hollow arrow and endless calibration (((( Deleting the app did nothing , you need to restore and restrict access to Motion and Fitness when you are first asked for it . But doing this limits the app functionality .

But this problem only with iPhone X , with other models works fine(((

Now i got also Location Based Reminders doing the same thing.

But no reminders are set ))))

Hopefully they will get it fixed in 11.3 !

Motion Calibration & Distance always on!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.