Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does ios 11.1.2 turn wifi on when I have turned it off?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 11:01 AM

How're you turning WiFi off? If not using the system preferences you're simply disconnecting all the Wifi devices but not turning off the Wifi, have a look here: Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center with iOS 11 - Apple Support

In case your talking about another scenario, please give us more info.

3 replies

Dec 11, 2017 11:04 AM in response to getangar

I still have a problem. Part of the documentation says that wifi will remain off until, inter alia, "You walk or drive to a new location." That answered my question as to why. But it's when I'm out and about that I want those pesky windows to quit bothering me, because I don't ever want to sign on to a network I don't know. I want 'Off' to mean 'Off'. Is there an answer?

Dec 11, 2017 1:18 PM in response to dickharris444

It occurs to me that I may be making an incorrect inference. The "Ask to Join Networks" switch explanation says, "If no known NWs are found, you will be asked before joining a new network." I turn it ON, because I read that as saying, "If OFF, we will just join, not ask your permission". Perhaps I should read it as, "If OFF, we will not join any unknown networks, and not bother you with an inquiry." Comments? Should I turn this OFF?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.