Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live feed hangs up every time I attempt to stream CBS. Need to restart each time.

CBS Interactive has a live feed of local broadcast stations. There is also CBSN 24-7 news. Every time I attempt to access that live feed, the Apple TV hangs up. Restarting the Apple TV solves the problem for that viewing period. If I try to access the live feed later in the same day, I have to re-start Apple TV again. Got to be a solution to resolve this. Any thoughts?

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 4:37 PM

for the benefit of others with a similar issue. The CBS live feed hangs up completely when there are other apps running in the background. The fix suggested by CBS Interactive did work. For me this is great, but for my 91 year old father in law (who'll be using this device most often) way too complicated and confusing. Looks like this thing is going back to the store.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 4:37 PM in response to kfrost

for the benefit of others with a similar issue. The CBS live feed hangs up completely when there are other apps running in the background. The fix suggested by CBS Interactive did work. For me this is great, but for my 91 year old father in law (who'll be using this device most often) way too complicated and confusing. Looks like this thing is going back to the store.

Dec 11, 2017 12:52 PM in response to Diana.McCall

Did contact CBS. Got the following answer: "There has been some known issues with apple tv 4, but there are some trouble shooting steps we would like for you to try. When you click on live tv, and if you are getting the loading symbol, please double click on the home button, that resembles a tv monitor. Once you double click on it, you will see all the other apps in the background pop up on the tv screen. Close out all apps in the back ground by, placing your thumb on the top of the remote, and swipe up to close all programs. When all programs are close, go back to into the CBS All Access app, and try live tv..."

The live feed has been working, so I've not had a chance to test this fix yet, although the double click home button did show all open apps, something like mission control in iOS. Kind of a cool feature, actually.

Thanks very much for your quick reply.

Live feed hangs up every time I attempt to stream CBS. Need to restart each time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.