Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloudPhoto.exe process high disk usage

Hello, I hope you can help, please.

Lately I've noticed that my SSD is getting hammered with high writes (approx 250MB/s - yes megabytes). The culprit appears to be iCloud Photos. My folders are up to date and there's no corresponding activity on my network adapter.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks.

null-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 10:19 AM

1 reply

Jan 7, 2018 12:09 PM in response to mrj3lly

I have this issue too. Very annoying since I have noticed this just now, after being a few weeks active on my PC. The process has written around 500GB of data per day! From October to December this accumulates to around 30TB of data. (I have only around 30GB of Photos in my iCloud)

This problem persists as I write. My workaround (unter Windows 10) is to create a symbolic link with "mlink /d" from the "iCloudPhotoLibrary"-folder to a new folder not located on my ssd.

But I hope Apple will provide a fix soon. If I hadn't noticed this issue my ssd could have been defective in a couple of months

iCloudPhoto.exe process high disk usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.