Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to find a way to hook up an SD card adapter to my iPad 3 and where to find one

I was recently given an iPad 3 as a present by a friend. I've got so much music on it that there's no space left on the iPad. I'm operating on iOS 9.3.5. I'm looking for a cheap adapter to plug in that will allow me to use an SD card or a flash card to download my music off of the iPad and onto my media player. Apple or aftermarket I don't care just so long as it will allow me to download my music from my iPad to my media player.

null-OTHER, iOS 9.3.5, IPad 3

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 12:03 PM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2017 1:33 PM in response to rabbitt1783

THere are things out there. Now can they do what you want, i’m not sure.

At office max/Depot I found a little lexar micro sd card reader with a lightning connector that uses an app to move files to and from the device. (the micro sd card is sold separately)

That said, you have to use an app from lexar to move anything, and i’m not sure if it will work with music. Especially iTunes files. They often have DRM (digital rights management) dictating if they can be moved around and to where.

If those are iTUnes files you can always redownload them onto an authorized device (as in authorized with your apple ID) and then delete them off the iPad.

The iPad lacks a file manager, which is why it’s tricky to move files around. In Apple’s work flow, people get content from them, let Apple store it for them when they don’t use it and just redownload it later.

I need to find a way to hook up an SD card adapter to my iPad 3 and where to find one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.