Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multicam clips workflow -- adding effects

I'm trying out multicam clips for the first time. My usual situation is only two cameras (plus a separate audio recorder) so it's pretty simple. I must say, just picking angles in the angle editor makes it very easy, but I don't see any easy way to add effects to all of a camera's output after that. Did I miss something? The manual doesn't mention that you should add effects before selecting the angles.

In my previous life with iMovie, cutting clips up was the only option. In an earlier project with FCPX, I found it beneficial to "switch angles" simply by adding keyframes to change the compositing opacity at the right times. I can see that this wouldn't be practical if you were working with more than a couple of cameras, and you can't add other types of transitions with this method, but when you're finished, you still have only one clip for each camera. Am I crazy for doing it this way?

Thanks for sharing your experience and perspectives.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 11:33 AM

How you do this really depends on the effect you want to apply. Generally the best way is to do it in the multicam angle editor. Double click the shot in the project you want to apply the effect to. This will open the angle editor. Apply the effect to the clip there. It will be applied to every instance of the clip in the project.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 11:33 AM in response to Barry0706

How you do this really depends on the effect you want to apply. Generally the best way is to do it in the multicam angle editor. Double click the shot in the project you want to apply the effect to. This will open the angle editor. Apply the effect to the clip there. It will be applied to every instance of the clip in the project.

Multicam clips workflow -- adding effects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.