Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone ringer volume fades from loud to quiet

Since getting my iPhone X when I receive a phone call after the first few seconds, the ringtone volume drops to the point where if I am not right next to the phone I can't hear it.

I can't find anything in settings to adjust.

Thanks.

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 11:59 AM

A feature designed for the iPhone X is that if you are holding the device and are looking at the screen, the volume will be automatically reduced. This is because the phone can recognize that you are looking at it, and it determines that you no longer need the ringtone to be loud at that point. See this from the iPhone User Guide. http://help.apple.com/iphone/11/#/iph646624222 A clip from there.

For additional security, iPhone X is attention aware, meaning it unlocks only when you look at it with your eyes open. iPhone X can also reveal notifications and messages, keep the screen lit when you’re reading, or lower the volume of an alarm or ringer. My emphasis added.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 11:59 AM in response to hot_spur

A feature designed for the iPhone X is that if you are holding the device and are looking at the screen, the volume will be automatically reduced. This is because the phone can recognize that you are looking at it, and it determines that you no longer need the ringtone to be loud at that point. See this from the iPhone User Guide. http://help.apple.com/iphone/11/#/iph646624222 A clip from there.

For additional security, iPhone X is attention aware, meaning it unlocks only when you look at it with your eyes open. iPhone X can also reveal notifications and messages, keep the screen lit when you’re reading, or lower the volume of an alarm or ringer. My emphasis added.

Dec 11, 2017 12:54 PM in response to kemal43

I can't help you. No one here can help you. This is a user to user forum and Apple isn't here. You need to amend your post and remove your personal email address which you have now posted to thousands of users on this user only forum. Use the Contact Support button at the top right of this page to reach Apple Directly for assistance with your issue.

iPhone ringer volume fades from loud to quiet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.