Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes changed to "save to icloud", but didn't save in backup

I'm hoping someone can help. I was having issues with my ipad mini and so decided to backup and do a full reset. Before I did this, I checked my notes, and transferred anything saved "on this ipad" to being saved to icloud. I think unfortunately, I probably didn't wait long enough though before I did the reset, and the notes aren't showing on icloud now. Crap. When I restarted the ipad I *did not* use the "restore" option because there was a TON of extra data on the ipad that I wanted to recover. But I thought moving them to icloud should have worked. I've got business info there, as well as monthly height/weight data on all 3 of my kids. I reallllly want that back.

Any tips? I'm looking at programs to "extract" your notes from a backup, but feeling iffy about them.

iPad Mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 11:57 AM

3 replies

Dec 11, 2017 12:02 PM in response to jeninejessica

If they were saved to iCloud, then they are not part of the backup. You would need to be signed into the same iCloud ID, then go to iCloud in Settings and make sure that Notes is turned on. If it is, then they should populate. If you go to http://www.icloud.com and log in with your iCloud ID, the notes should be there if you transferred them to iCloud.

Dec 11, 2017 12:23 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Same icloud account, they definitely were there. I even closed out of notes and then went back in and it showed all of them. Now in my notes under icloud it only shows the 2 that my husband was sharing with me. I signed into icloud.com on the computer and same thing, only the 2. Which is why I think I probably didn't give it long enough to actually save to icloud once I transferred them :/

That also should say crap on the ipad I *didn't* want to restore. I'll try to edit that.

Dec 11, 2017 12:59 PM in response to jeninejessica

You only have 15 minutes from your initial post to edit the post. It doesn't matter anyway, anyone should be able to understand it.

If you have a backup from the phone before you did all of this, you can restore to that backup, and try to recover the notes that were on your device. If that last backup that you have is the one after making the changes, then I'm sorry, but that data is gone.

Notes changed to "save to icloud", but didn't save in backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.