Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my data have remained on the iPhone 6s after restore?

Basically I made sure to disable find my iPhone and sign out of iCloud. I didn't sign out of my Apple ID and I read on Google that if you're going to sell or give away an Apple product you need to sign out of both Apple ID and iCloud. Anyways so I signed out of iCloud and made sure find my iPhone was disabled, then I went to general and erased all of my content and settings. The process went fine however, I'm worried that when my brother set up my phone it asked him to input my iCloud or Apple ID information, which he knows and then he will be able to see all of my past messages and photos. Could this of happened. If anyone could let me know as soon as possible as I've been extremely anxious about this for a while now.

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 12:49 PM

4 replies

Dec 11, 2017 1:00 PM in response to Community User

He won't be able to access the actual data that was erased from the iPhone but if he has your Apple ID and password there are a number of other things he can do, such as accessing any data stored in iCloud including a backup of that device which might have a copy of the same data that was erased. You should change your Apple ID password. See:

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

and

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Dec 11, 2017 1:11 PM in response to FoxFifth

I hadn't made a recent backup of any data and also I have disabled icloud photo library a long time ago. I was the most nervous about if he could see my photos but as long as he can't access that data then that is fine. i appreciate your respone as I've been very worried about this for a while and I wasn't sure who or where to ask but luckily I found this discussion page.

Dec 11, 2017 1:21 PM in response to FoxFifth

Yeah I'm sorry if I haven't explained it clearly enough. I know what he's like and he wouldn't restore from my backup as he was setting up the phone for himself. I have had a peek on the phone and so far I haven't seen any trace of my data including photos. But yeah like I said especially photos I didn't want him to be able to see as I had some ones on there that well is only intended for the owner of the phone to know ahah.

Will my data have remained on the iPhone 6s after restore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.