Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS TV app, clearing storage

On both my iPhone and my iPad, Settings > General > iPhone Storage shows the TV app using many GBs of space. Even if I remove downloaded video, the TV app still uses gigs of space, and I see no way to do anything about it. "Offload App" specifically messages that it retains the Documents & Data. Within the TV app itself, I don't see any way to actually identify what's taking up space.

Ideas, anyone?

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2, 128 GB

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 11:29 AM

I don’t know which model of iPhone that you have, but have you tried a forced restart after deleting the videos? It could be a false reading. What do you see in Settings>General>About>Available? Do the two storage numbers make sense?

In order to force restart.....

• On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

This may seem to be a bit of overkill at this point, but deleting the app should remove everything. You can always download the app again if you want it and then downloaded your videos again.

Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 11:29 AM in response to buzzmod

I don’t know which model of iPhone that you have, but have you tried a forced restart after deleting the videos? It could be a false reading. What do you see in Settings>General>About>Available? Do the two storage numbers make sense?

In order to force restart.....

• On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

This may seem to be a bit of overkill at this point, but deleting the app should remove everything. You can always download the app again if you want it and then downloaded your videos again.

Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

iOS TV app, clearing storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.