Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Apple Numbers Adding 'Z'

I'm having a issue with Apple Numbers. When I'm typing either text or numbers into a cell box, sometimes the last letter/number or/and any spaces, is changed to a 'Z'.

It doesn't happen every time, but probably one in five times. And if I re-type the contents, its fine. I've tried changing the cell function but that didn't work.

Any other ideas?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on

Dec 11, 2017 2:22 PM in response to Wayne Contello In response to Wayne Contello

Below is a screenshot for you. On row 18, you can see that in the two cells the last words end in 'Z'. It should say 'Care UK' and 'Assistant'. I'm literally just typing in the text, in the cells above there was no issue but I'm finding that it will suddenly start adding these 'Z's. However, after I re-type the words to get rid of the 'Z' it stops for a bit.

User uploaded file

Dec 11, 2017 2:22 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 11, 2017 2:51 PM in response to jessbird In response to jessbird

now provide a screenshot (with the cell formatter open... like in the previous screenshot) whalebone of the cells with the problem is selected

I'm guessing you accidentally typed it incorrectly earlier in the column (in a portion of the table not visible in your screenshot. Try checking to see if this is the case. Number has an Auto complete feature that tries to help you by auto completing based on content earlier in the same column

Dec 11, 2017 2:51 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: jessbird

Question: Apple Numbers Adding 'Z'