Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help in removing certain things from my iphone

I am currently not in possession of my Iphone. I want to delete certain pictures and contacts from my Iphone but it has come to my understanding that if you have not uploaded it to Icloud that you won't be able to do so. Is there anyway an apple representative at a store can help me? I also looked into removing the device from my apple Id but will this affect pictures and contacts on there? Will that delete everything? Side note: I DO NOT WANT TO ERASE EVERYTHING FROM THE PHONE. *Capitalization added for emphasis*

iPhone 7, iOS 11.1.1, null

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 12:17 PM

If you don't have access to the device Apple cannot help you remove individual items from it.

Read about Find My iPhone's erase feature iCloud: Erase your device

That is the only way to try to remove data from a device that is not in your hands (provided you enabled Find My iPhone). That removes everything provided the device can respond to the command from Apple's servers (either Wi-Fi or cellular). Bear in mind once erased you can no longer try to track it.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 12:17 PM in response to Jessfromqueens

If you don't have access to the device Apple cannot help you remove individual items from it.

Read about Find My iPhone's erase feature iCloud: Erase your device

That is the only way to try to remove data from a device that is not in your hands (provided you enabled Find My iPhone). That removes everything provided the device can respond to the command from Apple's servers (either Wi-Fi or cellular). Bear in mind once erased you can no longer try to track it.

Dec 11, 2017 12:12 PM in response to Jessfromqueens

You can sign into your iCloud account and do a number of things using Find My iPhone IF you are signed into the device using your account and the FMiP service is turned on and the device is connected to the Internet.

You can not erase specific information such as individual contacts or photos from the device. You can erase the phone completely, lock it by placing it in lost mode, play a sound to help locate it if it's lost, track the location, etc.

Removing it from your account will remove the activation lock from the device and will also mean you can no longer perform any of the above actions.

Dec 11, 2017 12:20 PM in response to Jessfromqueens

If you have find my iphone enabled in your icloud settings on the device, you can login to your iCloud account (www.icloud.com) and execute a remote erase. DO NOT remove the device from your list of devices there in the find my device app - doing so will break the remote command connection, and disable activation lock so anyone with it can set it up and use it as their own.

Once the remote erase is executed, you will not be able to track it any longer, but as long as it is listed in your iCloud account, activation lock prevents anyone from activating and using it.

If you did not setup find my iphone on the device before it was lost or stolen, then there is nothing you can do remotely to or about it now.

Need help in removing certain things from my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.