Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play/pause key stopped working for iTunes

This started quite recently - The play/pause (and also rewind/forward) keys stopped working on my external and internal keyboard for Macbook Pro (Mid-2012) after updating to macOS High Sierra (10.13.1). Any ideas why?

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 12:28 AM

Hello raimondpoldmaa!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I see from your post that certain function keys are not working as intended after updating to macOS High Sierra.

Those keys are very convenient and I want to help you find a way to restore their functionality.

Let take a look at some settings on your Mac. I recommend checking out the steps in this article called Change the behavior of function keys on your Mac and make all of the settings for the keyboards are correct.

If the issue persists, try testing this issue by making a new user account by following the steps in this article called How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac
I hope this information helps!

Kindest regards
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 12:28 AM in response to raimondpoldmaa

Hello raimondpoldmaa!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I see from your post that certain function keys are not working as intended after updating to macOS High Sierra.

Those keys are very convenient and I want to help you find a way to restore their functionality.

Let take a look at some settings on your Mac. I recommend checking out the steps in this article called Change the behavior of function keys on your Mac and make all of the settings for the keyboards are correct.

If the issue persists, try testing this issue by making a new user account by following the steps in this article called How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac
I hope this information helps!

Kindest regards

Play/pause key stopped working for iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.