Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Play/pause key stopped working for iTunes

This started quite recently - The play/pause (and also rewind/forward) keys stopped working on my external and internal keyboard for Macbook Pro (Mid-2012) after updating to macOS High Sierra (10.13.1). Any ideas why?

Posted on

Question marked as Solved

Dec 14, 2017 12:28 AM in response to raimondpoldmaa In response to raimondpoldmaa

Hello raimondpoldmaa!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I see from your post that certain function keys are not working as intended after updating to macOS High Sierra.

Those keys are very convenient and I want to help you find a way to restore their functionality.

Let take a look at some settings on your Mac. I recommend checking out the steps in this article called Change the behavior of function keys on your Mac and make all of the settings for the keyboards are correct.

If the issue persists, try testing this issue by making a new user account by following the steps in this article called How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac
I hope this information helps!

Kindest regards

Dec 14, 2017 12:28 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Dec 26, 2017 1:10 AM in response to raimondpoldmaa In response to raimondpoldmaa

Hey Raimondpolmaa,

you say "this" solved the problem. "WHAT" solved the problem? the first or the second idea of Jeremy?
I am honestly not willing to make a new user-account, since Apple should not let things like this happen after a software update.

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities!

Dec 26, 2017 1:10 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Jan 7, 2018 3:26 AM in response to Hiasmatt In response to Hiasmatt

Hi,

I agree with Hiasmatt.

The first article show how to set the keyborad to consider Fn key by default instead the Mac OS functionality.

The "new" behaviour, set without out notice and obviously without rollback it's just ... rhaaaa.

Jan 7, 2018 3:26 AM

Reply Helpful (2)
User profile for user: raimondpoldmaa

Question: Play/pause key stopped working for iTunes