Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone wont let me fast forward or rewind a song, anyone know how to fix?

Everytime i play a song and i want to fast forward or rewind it wont let me. It is like the function doesnt exist. It doesnt work using headphones either. Recently i got a new phone and it worked on my new phone but when i backup restored my new phone it stopped working on my new phone as well. Anyone know why or how to fix?

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 2:12 PM

3 replies

Dec 12, 2017 9:16 AM in response to Yash.G

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Yash.G,

I see that you're having an issue with trying to rewind and fast forward a song on your iPhone. I can understand your concern since it was working and then it stopped, and I'd be happy to help.

Let's make sure that you're using the latest software on your iPhone first. Go to Settings > General > About. The latest version is 11.2. If you're not running iOS 11.2, go ahead and update:

Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If you're already up to date go ahead and try and restart your iPhone and see if the issue remains:
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If after going through these steps the issue still remains, reply back with the answers to the following questions.
1. Are you an Apple Music member?
2. Does this happen when using the Music app or other music Apps?
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

My phone wont let me fast forward or rewind a song, anyone know how to fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.