Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod shows very low battery yet it is NOT low!!!

ODD problem that I have found. My 128 GB iPod Touch (model FKWU2LL/A) is only 6 months old running iOS 11.1.2 yet when I turn it on, I find the battery level shows it to be less than 10% charged (one has to guess since Apple decided to not allow battery percentage levels to be shown on iPods- shame on you Apple). Surprisingly, the battery level will then go to above 80% once I click around or check via my battery app. I installed a battery app to see the actual % battery level.

The wear level is 0% according to the battery app.

I read elsewhere that this is happening on iPads as well. Any clue to this issue? I assume it is an iOS issue. My issue is when I travel, I do not want to unnecessarily plug in my charger when I don't need to.

Thanks to all in advance. An to Apple iOS developers, make the % battery feature allowable on iPods please!

iPod touch (6th generation), iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 12:32 PM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2017 1:27 PM in response to Calculus_Entropy

I know for my iPod 6, well another user described the battery indicator as a random number generator and it seems pretty apt. Mine will tell me that i’m at 20% then when I plug it in it zooms to 80, or it can be at 20% for a long time and never die.

iPods have always had battery issues in my experience. I had a 4th and 5th and now 6th gen, and all of them would start out good then after a year or so seem to always be out of battery....although I wonder if it’s less it really being low on power and more the device just thinking it’s out of power.

I really have no fixes to suggest. I personally carry around a portable battery for my ipod.

In your case since your device is new you could make an appointment at your local apple store and have them check it out. Even if they can’t fix it per se, at least have the log that there is an issue. You still have 6 months or so left of your manufacturer’s warranty so take advantage of that time to see what can be done.

iPod shows very low battery yet it is NOT low!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.