Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use older software

I want to re-use my 10.3 software. Tell me how use older version

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 1:24 PM

3 replies

Dec 12, 2017 6:24 PM in response to Summerk9681@

If you upgraded to iOS 11 and you had lots of older, 32-bit apps that would not work with iOS 11 ( iOS 10 put up pop-up warnings that such apps will need to be updated for them to still function under iOS 11) if these apps have NOT been updated in years, then these apps either will no longer be updated and/or have been abandoned by the developer and will no longer ever work under iOS 11.

There is no way to retrieve the data, either.

You would have had to backup and save/retrieve the data in those apps BEFORE you upgraded your iPhone.

IF you have any other iDevices still on iOS 10 or earlier that still have the apps on them along with the data , you can backup save this data to iCloud or iTunes or Dropbox OR even email this data to yourself and find other apps for your upgraded iOS 11 iPhone that you can import the data into, from these older, unsupported apps.

How to use older software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.