Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Formula for percentage based on name...

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time here and I am new to Numbers. I apologize if this has already been asked but I searched quite a bit and could not find anything similar.

I am working on a spreadsheet to calculate bank compensation schedules and would like to create the following:

Cell D2 has a loan amount (ex. $500,000)

Cell E2 has a dropdown of different bank names.(FSB, UWM, etc.)

Cell F2, I would like to be able to calculate a percentage of cell D2, depending on which bank was selected. In other words, If I select FSB, then I would like F2 to show 1.25% of D2, but if I select UWM, I would like F2 to show 1.00% of D2.

Is this possible? Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Christian

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 1:17 PM

you can create a separate table to contains the list of banks and the corresponding percentage... like this:

The first row of this table should be a header row.

User uploaded file

Now select the list of bank names in the table "Bank List", copy:

User uploaded file

Now in a second table (shown on the right, "Table 1"). Add a header row, and add a column to select the bank name.

select cell B2, paste

now select the bank names you just pasted in the table on the right, then format as a pop-up in the cell formatter:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

select cells B2, copy

select cells B2 thru the end of column B, paste

Now add the formula to lookup the percentage by selecting cell C2 and typing the formula:

=VLOOKUP(B2, Bank List::A:B, 2, 0)

select cell C2, copy

select cells C2 thru the end of column C, paste

User uploaded file

now change the pop-up menus in column B

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 1:17 PM in response to Christian-A

you can create a separate table to contains the list of banks and the corresponding percentage... like this:

The first row of this table should be a header row.

User uploaded file

Now select the list of bank names in the table "Bank List", copy:

User uploaded file

Now in a second table (shown on the right, "Table 1"). Add a header row, and add a column to select the bank name.

select cell B2, paste

now select the bank names you just pasted in the table on the right, then format as a pop-up in the cell formatter:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

select cells B2, copy

select cells B2 thru the end of column B, paste

Now add the formula to lookup the percentage by selecting cell C2 and typing the formula:

=VLOOKUP(B2, Bank List::A:B, 2, 0)

select cell C2, copy

select cells C2 thru the end of column C, paste

User uploaded file

now change the pop-up menus in column B

Formula for percentage based on name...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.