Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 keeps stopping videos

Every time I watch a video from FB or UTube on my brand new iPhone 8, it stops mid video and sends me back to my home page. If I try and watch again, it will do it at the exact same spot. I’m wondering if this is a glitch or a setting error.

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 1:41 PM

1 reply

Dec 12, 2017 9:10 AM in response to Superlojo

Hello Superlojo,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are having an issue playing videos on your iPhone. I use my iPhone a lot and know how important it is to have your device working the way you want. I'm here to help.

Please force close all the apps on the device, and restart the iPhone. Once this has been completed, please retest.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If needed, you can follow the remaining steps in the article listed below:

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Please let us know if you are still having issues.

Have a great day!

iPhone 8 keeps stopping videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.