Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot reply to text msgs on my Apple 3 Watch “Not sent” is what I receive.. help

My Apple Watch series 3 does not allow me to reply to text messages(messages that I can only reply to on my iPhone but not my new watch 3 series Cannot reply to text messages on my Apple 3 Watch, it comes bk “not sent” after I reply.. pls help

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 4.1, Cannot reply to the msgs

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 2:22 AM

Hi

It may help to follow the instructions here, including under the heading "Get help if you can't send or receive messages" and including unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch if necessary:

Read and reply to messages with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Keep in mind that the functions that are available on your Apple Watch when it is away from your iPhone depend on various factors including:

Features and requirements that apply under various circumstances are detailed here, including within the footnotes:

How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

If you still need help, then I suggest that you contact your carrier in the first instance. If the issue persists, then, depending on your carrier's advice, I suggest that you next contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 2:22 AM in response to SocialMediaRocs

Hi

It may help to follow the instructions here, including under the heading "Get help if you can't send or receive messages" and including unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch if necessary:

Read and reply to messages with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Keep in mind that the functions that are available on your Apple Watch when it is away from your iPhone depend on various factors including:

Features and requirements that apply under various circumstances are detailed here, including within the footnotes:

How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

If you still need help, then I suggest that you contact your carrier in the first instance. If the issue persists, then, depending on your carrier's advice, I suggest that you next contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Cannot reply to text msgs on my Apple 3 Watch “Not sent” is what I receive.. help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.