Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just want the speaker phone. How?

Before iOS 11, when I dialed a phone number and it started connecting, in the upper right-hand corner of the keypad it said Speaker, and I would tap it, and I would be using a speaker phone (which I always use).

Now, with iOS 11, when I dial a number, and it starts connecting the keypad button shows Audio with a Bluetooth icon, and when if I tap it it shows iPhone, Speaker, and I guess, one of my Macs as Mac-XXXXXXXXXXX.

Again, I always want the speaker phone, and this process just adds an unnecessary menu and a tap. How can I stop the phone from showing the Mac, and if I can do that will it still make me pick between iPhone and Speaker?

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 8:54 AM

The answer (for me) is to go to the Settings app -> General -> Accessibility -> Call Audio Routing, and change the default from Automatic -> Speaker which now makes it even easier to always use the speaker phone for my dialed calls.

4 replies

I just want the speaker phone. How?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.