Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why whenever I want to download or update something I have to put in my credit card information.

I also think I may have glitches the system in some way or if it is just dealing with (product)red but I got the escapists for free and after that any game I try to download or app or anything like that or update it tells me to put in my credit card information I’m using iPhone 7 plus

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 2:43 PM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2017 4:28 PM in response to KerrySnyder

You need to elaborate a little more on your query. ios will not ask for your credit card information directly. It will request you to create an apple id. You should take a screen image or a picture with a camera and post here.

Were are you trying to download something in app store?

To avoid having to enter you payment information, download a free app. You will need to create an apple id. You will be able to create the id without specifying your credit card information.

User uploaded file

Why whenever I want to download or update something I have to put in my credit card information.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.