Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t download apps from appstore

Iphone 8

I am trying to download some free apps from the app store, but after a long waiting time it requires my touch id then another long time wainting it requires my password, then my touch id then my password and so on

Help pls

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 1:43 PM

1 reply

Dec 12, 2017 5:42 PM in response to Madaaalinaaa

Hi Madaaalinaaa,

I understand that when trying to download apps, your iPhone asks for Touch ID, then your password, and repeats this process. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend first forcing the App Store to close, and then restarting your iPhone:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
If you continue having this issue, make sure that you do not have any outstanding billing issues that could prevent you from downloading new apps:
If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue with a previous purchase in the iTunes Store - Apple Support
And sign out of your Apple ID and back in again if this isn't the case. To sign out of your Apple ID:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap [Your Name].
  3. Tap iTunes & App Store.
  4. Tap your Apple ID.
  5. Tap Sign Out.
To sign in with your Apple ID:

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Sign in on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Before you begin, update your device to the latest iOS.

When you use iOS 10.3 or later, you sign in to iCloud, the iTunes & App Store, iMessage, FaceTime, and your other Apple services in one place.

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Sign in to your [device].
  3. Enter your Apple ID and password.
  4. If you protect your account with two-factor authentication, enter the six-digit verification code and complete sign in.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Can’t download apps from appstore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.