Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Notifications

This is one Apple Watch user who does not want notifications sent to the watch. Not Reminder, not Messages leave the notification on the iPhone where it belongs. The watch is support not a replacement.

Apple Watch Series 2, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 2:10 AM

Hi

If you would prefer not to receive notification alerts on your Apple Watch, then change your settings accordingly:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Notifications.
  • To turn off notifications for Messages and Reminders, for example:
    • Tap on Messages > select Custom > turn off Show Alerts.
    • Tap on Reminders > select Custom > turn off Show Alerts.
  • To turn off notification mirroring for third-party apps, turn off the settings in the list of apps beneath.

If you would like to submit feedback or suggestions to Apple regarding how Apple Watch operates more generally, then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 2:10 AM in response to Jmg765

Hi

If you would prefer not to receive notification alerts on your Apple Watch, then change your settings accordingly:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Notifications.
  • To turn off notifications for Messages and Reminders, for example:
    • Tap on Messages > select Custom > turn off Show Alerts.
    • Tap on Reminders > select Custom > turn off Show Alerts.
  • To turn off notification mirroring for third-party apps, turn off the settings in the list of apps beneath.

If you would like to submit feedback or suggestions to Apple regarding how Apple Watch operates more generally, then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

Dec 11, 2017 3:57 PM in response to Jmg765

Hello there,

The Apple Watch is an excellent watch, but notifications can be disabled. Apple Watch helps you live a better day and a healthier life by being more active.

I would recommend watching this videoon how the Apple Watch helps you do that, and additional information can be found here

If you need more assistance, please let me know.

- Vis

Apple Watch Series 1 Space Grey + Black Sport Band

Apple Watch Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.