Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2007 imac shuts down overnight sometimes. It restarts but is the hard drive starting to die?

My 2007 imac shuts down overnight sometimes. It restarts in the morning but is the hard drive starting to die or possibly something else?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 8:14 PM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2017 8:21 PM in response to yowsaboss

Try running this program in your normal user account, then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. When you get to the disk information section, click show SMART stays and post that also.

Etrecheck – System Information

My 2007 imac shuts down overnight sometimes. It restarts but is the hard drive starting to die?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.