Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to range select an entire clip in the event browser?

Hi everybody,
I have already used my footage, this means that in the event browser most of my clips are partially range-selected.
Now I need to put all the footage on the time line to export it for archive purposes.
When i do "apple key-A" i select all the clips in the event browser but on the timeline I see only the previously range-selected part of those clips...The only solution I have found out is to manually expand the range selection to span it to the entire clip (from the first to its last frame). It is an effective method but it is a tedious process, too.
I am sure there is a "range select all" command, I would call it an equivalent of "apple key-A" to use into the event browser.
...Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your precious help,
Nico

PS: I am using FCPX 10.3.4 under Sierra

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 2:54 PM

10 replies

Dec 11, 2017 10:51 PM in response to nicopiro

As already mentioned there is no global delete all range selections, it a manual operation.

My suggestion for other Projects, if you wish to work this way, is:

when you first import your clips, create a New Project called "everything".

Select Command-A in the Browser then drop everything into that Project.

Then create another New Project and edit to that.

You do your current last step first.

Al

Dec 13, 2017 9:38 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom,
This is the workflow: when I was on the field, I shot and then edited with FCPX on a daily basis. Now that I am back at HQ, I am going to edit a feature on a non-FCPX Workstation which doesn't like the native codec of my camera, so I need to export/convert my footage in ProRes422.

Because my footage is organise by day/theme, I need to save these criteria during the export process so this is why I am putting all the clips on the timeline and then launching a masterfile creation process.

Thank you for your interest,
Nico

How to range select an entire clip in the event browser?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.