Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Want to request activation

I want to request to remove activation lock on my own iphone6.

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 4:23 PM

4 replies

Dec 11, 2017 4:42 PM in response to PThant

Activation Lock is linked to the phone IMEI locked from the original carrier. I was sold a phone that was recently replaced directly through Apple. Everything looked clean until I put in my SIM and it would automatically go in Activation Lock even though I entered the correct User ID and password. After a few calls to Apple Support, and escalated to a Tier 2 and an Apple Engineer. I found out that the Original Phone was purchased from a Sub Carrier (Simple Mobile, Straight Talk, TracFone, etc.) so my phone was linked (chained) to the original IMEI of the first phone. So now the only way for me to get the phone unlocked is to complete the service contract or sell it to someone who uses their service. So beware of buying phone from people who don't know the original carrier. It could be one from these sub-carriers.

Dec 11, 2017 11:51 PM in response to Chris CA

I beg to differ. I have a case number that proves it happens, because it happen to me. Carrier lock, affects Activation Lock. Especially if you get a white screen with an iTunes logo and an infinite loop of Activation Lock. When the SIM is removed the phone performs like a iPod Touch. Talk to a Tier 2 Support rep or an Apple Engineer, they will confirm this.

Want to request activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.