Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart rate don't show on strava app (apple watch 3)

Hi,

I'm using iphone 8 (ios 11.2) + apple watch 3 (watch os 4.2) with strava app installed on both item. I went out to ride with apple watch and using strava to record the activity. I found that the heart rate didn't show on the strava app on my watch, the heart sign keep blinking without any number shown. While the heart app on the watch was recored perfectly through the ride.

I was tried to erase all data on apple watch and re-paired twice with my iphone but there was nothing improved. The heart rate still not show on my watch.

Please help how can I do to make the app show the heart rate. Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Kamtorn

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 4.2, with iphone 8 ios 11.2

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 6:52 AM

Hi

For help with questions about using Strava (a third-party app) in conjunction with Apple Watch, including in respect of supported features and related settings, I suggest that you consult Strava's support resources and/or contact Strava:

Strava Support Centre:

Articles include, for example:

Submit a support request:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 6:52 AM in response to tyong

Hi

For help with questions about using Strava (a third-party app) in conjunction with Apple Watch, including in respect of supported features and related settings, I suggest that you consult Strava's support resources and/or contact Strava:

Strava Support Centre:

Articles include, for example:

Submit a support request:

Jan 19, 2018 3:40 PM in response to tyong

Hi,

I have a solution to the "no heart rate" issue with the Apple Watch 3 (and presumably 2). This worked for me and several others. Thanks to CS Tan and the Strava Support team:

1. Uninstall and then reinstall both watch and iPhone strava app (remember to keep the data).

2. Using your iPhone Strava app, pair the watch app to the iPhone app (more -> applications, series, and devices -> Connect a new device to Strava -> Apple Watch). Authorise (click on)

a - Location Services

b - Code of Conduct

c - Motion & Fitness

d - Turn on Notifications

e - DO NOT AUTHORISE "Sync with Health".

3. Start the Strava watch app and start a run. You'll see the HR icon greyed out. Tap on this grey HR icon and the watch will display a message asking to enable HEALTH permissions. Now check on your phone and there should be a pop-up regarding this. Follow the setting prompts and complete the HEALTH permission link.

The heart rate should now appear, and will appear for all future recordings.

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115000185850/comments/115000 663590

Hope this helps,

John

Heart rate don't show on strava app (apple watch 3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.