Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac G5 running macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 iPhone OS 11.1.2 iPod 10.3.3 In attempting to setup iCloud on my iMac, I had to turn it off / on several times. I kept all data in an archive file. However, when I did this, my Contacts duplicated every

iMac G5 running macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 iPhone OS 11.1.2 iPod 10.3.3

In attempting to setup iCloud on my iMac, I had to turn it off / on several times. I kept all data in an archive file. However, when I did this, my Contacts duplicated every contact. I thought it would be easy to erase the duplicates. Now iCloud has erased the ones I erased from my hard drive and many more. I have lost most of my contacts.

I do have the correct contact list on the iMac hard drive and Time machine. How do I get iCloud to have the correct file so that my iPhone and iPad have the correct Contacts file?

Thanks

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 8:19 PM

Go to iCloud.com using a computer and select Settings. When that page loads, look at the bottom left side under Advanced and see if you can restore from there.

How to Recover Files, Contacts, Calendars and Reminders in iCloud

6 replies

Dec 11, 2017 8:19 PM in response to Eric Root

The Contacts are correct on my computer. But, when I look at Contacts on iCloud, a number of the A to R entries are missing. S to Z appear to be correct.

I can get to where you suggested, but I don't want to select Restore Contacts, because that will just bring in that incorrect Contacts list from iCloud.

I just completed erasing my iPhone and then restored the phone from yesterday's backup. Wonder of Wonder, it just restored the incorrect Contacts file from the iCloud.

Thanks

iMac G5 running macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 iPhone OS 11.1.2 iPod 10.3.3 In attempting to setup iCloud on my iMac, I had to turn it off / on several times. I kept all data in an archive file. However, when I did this, my Contacts duplicated every

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.