Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i bought a new phone last week and everything seems to be restored. it hasn’t backed up since. it says restoring media but give an option to stop.

Should I stop restoring and back up?

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 4:37 PM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2017 4:46 PM in response to cchambers0228

Same thing happen to me when I upgrade phones. I could not install the latest iOS because it was still restoring. What? IDK, everything looked up to date and working fine. There is a setting in General, that will allow you to stop the Update. I just cant remember but it's in General. Check the Software Update, it may tell you where to turn off the update, because it wont update to the latest it's still restoring.

i bought a new phone last week and everything seems to be restored. it hasn’t backed up since. it says restoring media but give an option to stop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.