Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume of audio clip visibly DECREASING without command

Hello All -

I have a strange issue. I am editing two hours of footage on iMovie shot with a digital camcorder and imported in via USB. I have a background track for the audio clip which is strangely decreasing in volume automatically, without command, at a certain point. As soon as it gets to a certain point in the footage, the audio file visibly drops to a lower volume.

I have checked the audio in iTunes and in its WAV format independently and there is nothing wrong with it. I have tried removing the first part of the audio and playing the part where it goes lower from the start and it plays regularly - so the problem exists at this particular point only (2.54). I'm not sure if it's a CPU problem to do with editing a lot - but it's really annoying. I have no idea. Even if I chop the audio it happens, and even if i drag the audio up to right underneath the footage as a clip it happens.

If anyone has any ideas on what's going on I would love to know.

Many thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 5:28 PM

1 reply

Volume of audio clip visibly DECREASING without command

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.