Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I back up several iPhones to one instance of iTunes?

I want to back up my daughters iphone to our family computer which my wife uses most of the time. Can I back up my daughters phone to my wife's itunes account?

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 7:02 AM

As far as backing up is concerned each should have a unique device name. If you want to transfer purchases into the library then the computer needs to be authorised for the same account used on the device. Ideally your daughter will have her own Apple ID so that she can use various cloud services independently. You can use Family Sharing to share purchases if you wish.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 7:02 AM in response to BigFig

As far as backing up is concerned each should have a unique device name. If you want to transfer purchases into the library then the computer needs to be authorised for the same account used on the device. Ideally your daughter will have her own Apple ID so that she can use various cloud services independently. You can use Family Sharing to share purchases if you wish.

tt2

can I back up several iPhones to one instance of iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.