Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem renting movies i tunes

This is my first time attempting to rent a movie on itunes and download it to my new mac book pro. I sign in with my account, click "rent" on the movie I want to download, but it does not appear in my account as a purchased rental, does not show up in itunes in the movie section or library section, and I can not see it downloading anywhere. Any advice is appreciated.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 2 TBT3), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 5:20 PM

3 replies

Dec 12, 2017 12:53 PM in response to Seeker321

Hello Seeker321,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are trying to rent a movie but you are having an issue with the movie appearing on your account as a purchased rental. It's important to make sure that you have access to your rentals, so I'll be happy to help assist you with this.

I suggest using this support resource: About renting movies from the iTunes Store , specifically:

If you can't play your rented movie

Learn more about streaming your movies.

Download time depends on the speed of your Internet connection. For downloads, you can start watching your movie as soon as enough of it has downloaded for the movie to complete without interruption. How long this takes depends on the speed of your Internet connection.

If your rental won't play, or you have trouble with your rented movie, you can report a problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards.

Problem renting movies i tunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.