Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X DVD Burning Playback issue

I burned some DVD R DL for a friend for a Christmas present. The DVDs worked in my PS4, however their DVD player is saying can not read disc. Is this a final cut pro X issue or their DVD player?

Final Cut Pro X, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 5:49 PM

7 replies

Dec 12, 2017 6:54 AM in response to Blfarmer89

AVCHD format is a completely different thing.

It is basically a "small BluRay" burned onto a DVD disc.

As such, your experience is exactly what would be expected.

Though the physical disc is a DVD, the contents are not in a format that a standard DVD player can understand

A PS4, on the other hand, understands and can play BluRay discs, and also these AVCHD discs.

From this I gather that you did NOT use the DVD share destination in FCP X.

Dec 20, 2017 2:34 AM in response to Blfarmer89

Hi Blfarmer89

I personally never managed to share a DVD or a Blu-ray properly out of FCPX. It always fails for some reason (no sound, gets stick at 66% and so on...) Even when building a disk image it worked for me 2 times out of 10!

I don't know if it's the solution you're looking for, but I found out about a work around with Compressor and Toast 16 and it works for me every time. I made a tutorial about it. Please have a look at How To - Burn a 5.1 Surround Blu-ray Disc with FCPX - NO FAILURE - YouTube

and tell me if it works for you.

Best

Sylvain

Final Cut Pro X DVD Burning Playback issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.