Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing easter on 2018 ical

Is anyone else missing the Easter and Good Friday on the 2018 iCal???

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, 4 TBT3), iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 8:52 PM

Ooh, sorry, that would have been a good thing to add:

webcal://files.apple.com/calendars/US32Holidays.ics

34 replies

Jan 15, 2018 11:30 AM in response to disappointedinapplehereiam

If you would like Apple to know the omission of your particular denominations observation of Easter brings you umbrage you would need to go to Apple.com/feedback

This is a volunteer forum. You are not speaking with Apple here and Apple does not respond to posts made here.

Otherwsie

Easter 2018 is Sunday April 1st or Sunday April 8th.

Use Reminders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Dec 12, 2017 6:38 PM in response to dotsme

I don't know how long it will last. I couldn't find any source of the old calendar subscription site they used to host. They are shifting towards enabling the Holidays calendar in the Preferences, but as you noted, it is not as useful for certain things and has some obscure, useless things.

There are third-party calendars you can subscribe to, but I don't know how complete they are.

Jan 3, 2018 9:05 PM in response to dotsme

Hey - I am with you and was totally embarrassed today when a business client mentioned the weekend we were discussing was Easter - I replied that he was mistaken - as I was looking on the (Apple) March calendar and didn't see it. It was a booking (travel) and they had mentioned they wanted to be home for Easter. Earth day is there loud and clear - but no Easter? There are several holidays I don't celebrate but I'm used to seeing them on a calendar and it helps to know what's going on in the world. C'mon Apple - please add it back.

Jan 5, 2018 11:29 AM in response to LauraJ7

LauraJ7 wrote:

I’m totally in agreement here. It’s an established holiday for our country and even those who may not celebrate it may still need to know when it is celebrated. Especially so because it’s a holiday that moves around on the calendar. BTW it’s April 1st this year.

BTW for Orthodox and Coptic Christians it's April 8th, not the 1st.

Jan 15, 2018 3:25 PM in response to CarolynGCD

CarolynGCD wrote:

Thanks! I’m on my iPhone 6s. I just have a choice to add another calendar by name. I tried US32Holidays. What should be doing?

I don't know for sure. In my iCloud account, I am subscribed to the one I linked above. That appears on my phone as I am signed into my iCloud account.

For iOS, you should try going through Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add Account > Other > Add Subscribed Calendar.

Jan 30, 2018 11:38 AM in response to DHerby

DHerby wrote:

Yes, it’s a very important date for many and I shouldn’t have to look it up elsewhere....shame on Apple!

Go get yourself a Calendar if your only way of knowing at present is from looking at your iPhone.

I tend to ask someone sitting in the pew next to me or my pastor if my electronic devices fail to alert me.

Easter is observed April 1st or April 8th, which ever one you insist is the right one you can mark down elsewhere before you forget and miss out on all the eggs, chocolate and jelly beans those little bunnies hid all over Golgotha.

missing easter on 2018 ical

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.