Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notification center calculator widget bug

Hey, every time I try to use my notification center calculator widget it appears like this:

User uploaded file

It works, but as soon as I stop using it, it returns to this state.

Has anyone experienced an issue like this?

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 9:17 PM

2 replies

Dec 12, 2017 1:14 PM in response to alexafonsky

Hey there, Alexa,

If I'm understanding your post, I see that your Calculator widget in Notification Center on your MacBook Pro always defaults to display -400. You're able to use the widget to enter new calculations, however if you close Notification Center and go back in, it will go back to displaying -400. I'm happy to help!

First, I would recommend removing the Calculator widget from the Notification Center. You can get instructions on how to do that here: macOS Sierra: Use Notification Center . After the widget is removed, restart your Mac by selecting the Apple  menu and choosing "Restart..." from the drop down.

After the computer is back on, add the Calculator widget back to Notification Center, and see if it continues to display -400. If so, the next step I would recommend is to boot into safe mode, and test there. More information safe mode, including how it can be helpful and how to boot to it, can be found here: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support .

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

notification center calculator widget bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.