Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Colour Picker tool in High Sierra

My brain is so dead at the moment, I can't even think of its proper name, but I'm sure you understand what I mean, y'know the thing with the coloured pencils - well, it appears to have vanished because I can't find it! I know it can't be accessed as a standalone tool, but I can't find how to access it from within Preview or Photos - and it's something I use very regularly.

Has it gone - I'll be gutted if it has - or am I just having a mental aberration...?

Any help, folks...?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 5:09 AM

In Preview they are well hidden. You'll find it by clicking on the icon next to the search textbar which reveals the markup tools. Now you should see a square icon that has a colored outline. Click on this to see the default Preview color picker. Then click on Show Colors at the bottom of that color picker. This will reveal the standard color picker. (Don't ask - I too hate the new and "improved" Preview annotation tools.) (If I were sitting in front of my Mac I'd have added a screenshot, sorry.) I don't know about Photos - I only use it for curation - I edit in another application.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 5:09 AM in response to RosaAlba

In Preview they are well hidden. You'll find it by clicking on the icon next to the search textbar which reveals the markup tools. Now you should see a square icon that has a colored outline. Click on this to see the default Preview color picker. Then click on Show Colors at the bottom of that color picker. This will reveal the standard color picker. (Don't ask - I too hate the new and "improved" Preview annotation tools.) (If I were sitting in front of my Mac I'd have added a screenshot, sorry.) I don't know about Photos - I only use it for curation - I edit in another application.

Colour Picker tool in High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.