Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad updating from iOS 10.3 to 11.1.2

I just received my iPad Pro - large screen - and it came with iOS 10.3. My “old” iPad which I purchased 2 weeks ago and promptly shattered was using iOS 11.1.2. When I tried to update the new one I got an error message that the update w not available and to try again. I have done this numerous times. I truly need this update so that I can migrate old material seamlessly to the new iPad. Both of these were purchased directly from Apple. Has anyone else had the same issue? Thank you!

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 10.3

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 10:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 10:23 PM

Try restarting the iPad and trying again. You can restart by pressing and holding both power and home button. Hold them both till you see the screen go blank and the apple logo appear on the screen. Once the logo appears, you can release both buttons and allow the iPad to boot as normal. Once it's up, try again and see if this works for you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 10:23 PM in response to Raney1

Try restarting the iPad and trying again. You can restart by pressing and holding both power and home button. Hold them both till you see the screen go blank and the apple logo appear on the screen. Once the logo appears, you can release both buttons and allow the iPad to boot as normal. Once it's up, try again and see if this works for you.

iPad updating from iOS 10.3 to 11.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.