Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reporting Text SPAM (spim)

I hope I'm reporting this in the right way.

Every so often I get spam as a text. I just got one requesting $10 and it gave a link where I could either approve or decline. I know better than to respond or click.

With email, there's a report spam or treat a message as spam within almost every application or site. I have reported these in the past and didn't quite recall. I searched the web and found lots of information that was old. I did get to the FTC site which warned me that it was illegal and dangerous (I wouldn't have been at the site if I didn't know this already) and to file a complaint. I've gone this route in the past.....many pages, lots of questions you can't answer and these only go into a reporting system so the government can count how many are reported.

Other sites say to forward the text to your cell company at 7726. I do remember doing this, but see a note about that T-Mobile users should report it to Apple.

I decide to check out T-Mobile. The first search takes me to phone models, the second to a page saying what I'm not supposed to do with their services. The third takes me to page with lots of information about message blocking apps. It also says I can forward it to 7726 and I will get back a message. I do forward it and get no response. Further on the page it states that to block a message from a number, I need to add "Family Allowances" to my account.

Searching on apple, I find conflicting information and discussions about filtering and turning on and off features.

It seems to me that an industry that wants to attack fraud would find easy, consistent ways to report it and that the information would be clear and easy to find.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.2

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 9:49 PM

1 reply

Reporting Text SPAM (spim)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.