Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up to new computer

I was using a Mac laptop which my phone is backed up to which no longer works, I bought a windows laptop and haven’t backed my phone up for a long time, I’m now getting a new phone and don’t know how to transfer everything to my new phone. How can I back my current phone up to my new windows laptop without losing everything?

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 11:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply
6 replies

Dec 12, 2017 12:24 AM in response to Hlhs94

Hi

I haven't used my pc For backup for 3 years Almost everything can be done over your wifi.

Go to iCloud make sure iCloud back up is then backup iPhone over your wifi

When you charge an iphone /ipad it automatically backs up to iCloud Over your wifi

If you need to restore iPhone or get a new one set up over wifi when it asks if you want to use iCloud backup Say yes to get your apps and data back on new iPhone.

Go to i books download ios 11 user guide &iPhone guide for your model iPhone both are free

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

Backing up to new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.