Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPhone

If your iPhone is lost or stolen there should be an option to virtually turn on the iPhone and enable data or wifi of it by signing in icloud. It's been three months my iPhone 7 Plus was stolen but it is still switch off. It can be easily located & track down if we can virtually power it.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 9:49 PM

6 replies

Dec 12, 2017 6:12 AM in response to KKALPESH

KKALPESH wrote:

If your iPhone is lost or stolen there should be an option to virtually turn on the iPhone and enable data or wifi of it by signing in icloud. It's been three months my iPhone 7 Plus was stolen but it is still switch off. It can be easily located & track down if we can virtually power it.

Let's consider the physics of this request. When a phone is turned off, it has no power. If it has no power, it can't connect to a network. If it can't connect to a network, how can you remotely turn it on?

Dec 21, 2017 1:29 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

It can be done. while considering the fact that we are in 21st century we have already build up devices which we can virtually power them off & on and access it. It can be done in multiple servers, TV, CCTV etc. I know it can't be done in my case, but I am telling this option can be considered for the devices which are being manufactured now.

Dec 21, 2017 6:37 AM in response to KKALPESH

No, they can't.

Turning your TV, or other devices on or off with a remote control works because they're never actually off. If your TV were truly off, it would have no way of knowing you pressed the power button on the remote. Unplug your TV from the electrical outlet and see how well that remote works.

A phone that has been fully turned off is no different. It can't respond to anything.

Stolen iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.