Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic Updates

Hi

I have since owning the iphone x a small issue. Normally when updates for apps were available the red circle with the number of updates would appear automatically. Now my iphone x only shows this circle when i manually search for updates. Previous iphones also did this automatically, it only stopped doing so when you turn off automatic updates in the settings. But i can’t get it to work properly on my X. Is this a bug of 11.2 maybe? Does anyone else have this? I did setup my mobile as new btw. No backup used that could have corrupted the OS.

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 1:01 AM

1 reply

Dec 12, 2017 8:45 AM in response to from0toHero

I have had the problem for a year or two and I have seen other reports here of the same issue. In my case it is on an iPhone 7 and the problem existed long before iOS 11.2. Automatic updates intermittently start and stop working for me. They last time they quit working they didn't work for 6 months or longer. A month or so ago they started working and are currently working. I cannot identify anything that I have done on the phone or any update that it is related to.

Automatic Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.