Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone 7 not connecting to wifi

I just got my phone bill yesterday and I used 4GB this month and found out that my phone has not connected to my home wifi for over a month.

When I input my correct password for the wifi (I know its correct because I input it for Netflix and my desktop) my iPhone tells me I have the wrong password.

I have reset my phone 4 times and disconnected and reset my router 4 times. I have cleared my history and my cache and closed all my safari windows. I have disconnected Wifi Assist, Bluetooth and even Cellular Data.

My phone keeps telling me I can connect if I get close to my mac that is using wifi. No luck.

What now? Time to waste an afternoon on a visit to the Genius Bar?

iPhone 7, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 11:03 PM

1 reply

Dec 12, 2017 3:17 AM in response to AbqGolfdiva

You might start by upgrading to iOS 11.2 if you have not done so already.

On the iPhone locate your home network and then "Forget This Network."

Turn off the router.

Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Make sure cellular data is turned off in Settings and WiFi is on.

Turn the router on again and see if it works properly. If you have a dual-band router try the other band as well.

If there are still problems contact the router manufacturer and see if the router is certified to work with your phone on iOS 11 or if there is a firmware update available.

See if you can connect to a different network and maintain a good connection.

If you are unable to find a solution, make an appointment at the Genius Bar or at an authorized service provider to have the phone evaluated.

Why is my iPhone 7 not connecting to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.