Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two of my iPhones began automatically locking today despite no changes. Anyone notice the same?

VERY odd.

A 6s Plus and 7 Plus running the latest 11.X ios started automatically locking every few minutes despite Auto-Lock being set to Never and no changes to any other settings being made. Bizarre for TWO devices to exhibit the same behavior at the same time.

The screen blacks - the "progress spinner" displays for a second or two and then I'm prompted to enter my PIN or thumbprint. Since this is not tied to a specific device with perhaps a faulty switch, can anyone offer some insight?

Thank you!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 11:51 PM

4 replies

Dec 12, 2017 12:36 AM in response to Aidan Bazwart

Updating my 7plus took forever between lockouts, but it does seem to improve with the update to 11.2.

Helluva coincidence for a bizarro glitch to strike from nowhere - and then Kapow! an update suddenly becomes available. I was afraid the Silicon Valley social justice wrongthink detectors caught up to me. :)

Thanks for replying. Best of luck.

Dec 12, 2017 1:58 AM in response to madlock

Jesus! This JUST started happening to me on my two week old iPhone 8 Plus! It was getting SUPER hot around the lock button and continuously went to the spin wheel then lock screen.

At one point I thought it would explode it was so hot!

I’ve updated the iOS and it hasn’t done it again in the five minutes since.

Fingers crossed - that was so frustrating!

Two of my iPhones began automatically locking today despite no changes. Anyone notice the same?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.