Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 8 backlight issues

Short Version : Traveled to go see family, iPhone 8 was laying on the passenger seat ( The current
iOS when this occurred iOS 11.2 Beta 6) playing music ( iHeart Radio app) that Was streaming music. Well I stopped for gas,Turned off the car and picked up my phone to see there wasn't anything on the display. I also noticed that the music that was streaming to my vehicle was no longer playing on the phone itself. I always have to pause/stop the music once the car is off....

Steps taken:

1. Hard Reset : ( volume up , down , side button until it reboots): This did nothing. The device still connected to my vehicle and I could still play music (From the saved playlists on my device).

2. Restore : (NOTHING)

3. DFU MODE: Wiped the device entirely clean (This was tricky but it was able to be done!). iTunes did 2 passes of verifying the software on the device before sending me to the screen that shows iCloud lock information. On the iPhone 8? NOTHING.....

Device has been in a case since day one. I contacted Apple yesterday when the incident occurred (This is the main reason I have 2 phones!!!) and told them I would give them a call once I had a chance to troubleshoot things. I will attach photos of the device here.

Anyone else experience something of this magnitude?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 2:58 AM

There are no replies.

iphone 8 backlight issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.