Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The haptic feedback for iPhone X reachability often makes a clicking sound when swiping down and up. Any clue on what causes this?

Haptic feedback clicking noise

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 12:22 AM

8 replies

Dec 15, 2017 6:28 AM in response to petesavagenyc

petesavagenyc wrote: "I get a strong, knocking-type haptic response which feels unlike all the other normal ones i’ve encountered - it almost feels as if there’s a broken piece smacking the inside of the phone - most likely it’s some kind of a software bug, but it feels physically wrong in a way that other haptic indicators don’t, and makes me worry about the long-term physical effects on the X. One shouldn’t have to turn off all haptics to avoid this issue."

Pete ~ Consider sending feedback to Apple via this form:

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

õ¿õ¬

Dec 14, 2017 2:21 PM in response to askbarnabas

There are 2 unusual examples of haptic response I’ve encountered on 11.2 and this is one - the other occurs when swiping up from the bottom to close the control center - I get a strong, knocking-type haptic response which feels unlike all the other normal ones i’ve encountered - it almost feels as if there’s a broken piece smacking the inside of the phone - most likely it’s some kind of a software bug, but it feels physically wrong in a way that other haptic indicators don’t, and makes me worry about the long-term physical effects on the X. One shouldn’t have to turn off all haptics to avoid this issue.

Dec 15, 2017 6:19 AM in response to petesavagenyc

I brought my iPhone X to the Apple Store earlier this week because I noticed that I also get that unpleasant haptic feedback from swiping up to close Control Center. So far, I've also been able to duplicate that response when I create a custom vibration pattern. I hope it is indeed an 11.2 bug that can be fixed. Note: I just updated to 11.2.5 (15D5037e) Beta and I still have the issue.

The haptic feedback for iPhone X reachability often makes a clicking sound when swiping down and up. Any clue on what causes this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.