Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All Photos album does not show all photos

iPhone 6s + iOS 11.2

Hi all,

I have realized a strange behavior of the Photos app.

The Photos tab shows all my photos/videos. However, the All Photos album does not show them all.

Moreover, under the album name, the number of photos is equal to the number of photos included in the Photos tab, but some of the photos inside the album are missing. How is that?

Furthermore, I have realized that these missing photos/videos are included in the Live Photos/Videos albums (but not in the All Photos album).

Is this a normal behavior of the app?

Many thanks for your help.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 11:23 AM

All Photos album should be sorted by date (just like the photos tab) but, for some reason, some of them are not...

All Photos and Photos are meant to be sorted differently.

• Photos is sorted by the capture date - the date the photos have been taken.
  • All Photos is sorted by the date the photos have been imported to Photos. And this date can be different from the capture date, for example if you import a very old photo to Photos.

Furthermore, after a system upgrade, the All photos album may be messed up. When the Photos Library will be upgraded to a new format, the capture date will be saved, but the "date imported" may get lost.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 11:23 AM in response to mpovedano

All Photos album should be sorted by date (just like the photos tab) but, for some reason, some of them are not...

All Photos and Photos are meant to be sorted differently.

• Photos is sorted by the capture date - the date the photos have been taken.
  • All Photos is sorted by the date the photos have been imported to Photos. And this date can be different from the capture date, for example if you import a very old photo to Photos.

Furthermore, after a system upgrade, the All photos album may be messed up. When the Photos Library will be upgraded to a new format, the capture date will be saved, but the "date imported" may get lost.

Dec 14, 2017 4:13 AM in response to mpovedano

Sorry, some problem in the iCloud All Photos album (web)...

However, I have made some crosscheck and have found the following: all photos/videos in the Photos tab are in fact included in the All Photos album, but they are not sorted correctly.

Anyone having the same issue? Is there anyway to sort the All Photos album correctly?

Many thanks for your help.

Dec 15, 2017 12:26 AM in response to léonie

Many thanks for your answer.

I understand there is no way no sort All Photos album by capture date, right?

Third apps (i.e. WhatsApp) load photos to be shared from albums (once permission is given). To share a concrete photo that you know more otr less when it was taken, but not when it was imported, takes a lot of time...

Moreover, set of photos that should be in a correlative sequence could be anywhere in the album... (This is my case).

Again, thanks a lot.

All Photos album does not show all photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.