Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth iOS11 don't work on handsfree car system

I've just upgraded my iPhone 5S to iOS 11.2. I can pair with my car handsfree system but when I receive a call I can't ear the voice of whose is calling me trough my car speakers. The calling person can ear me. I can ear Siri voice e music though. I tried to reset my phone and car connections, tried to reset my phone in DFU mode. Nothing works. With the previous version (iOS 10) everything worked fine.

Anyone else with same issue?

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 12:54 AM

5 replies

Dec 12, 2017 1:12 PM in response to Sapuz78

Hello Sapuz78.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities and thanks for asking about not being able to hear the caller through the speakers in your car. Hands free calling is a great safety feature and I want you to be able to use it. It sounds like you've done some good troubleshooting so far.

Let's try by starting the process over again. I know you reset your phone and car connections, now I'd like you to reset your Bluetooth connection for the car.

Settings > Bluetooth > tap the (i) next to the name of your car, and then tap Forget This Device

Then follow the instructions from this article.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo

Please let me know that this resolved your hands free talking issues.

Take care.

Dec 14, 2017 1:19 AM in response to jeremy_v

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for your answer. I've read e tried the following:

1- Forgetted the device in Bluetooth menu. Paired again but this doesn't resolve the issue.

2- Tried to reset all network settings. Doesnt' work.

2- Tried to pair by the iphone first. Doesnt' work. Tried to pair using car BT menu. Doesnt' work.

3- Tried to change the options in Acessibility > Audio routing but this doesn't work.

iOS is update (11.2). For update my car software I've to go to Peugeot and it takes a little bit more time, can't do it by myself. At the end I've tried also to make a call using my standalone Bluetooth speaker I've at home (it can be used like handsfree too) and there is the same identical issue that I've in the car, I can't ear the caller but I can ear music or SIRI.

I've just seen that Apple realeses an update (11.2.1) this morning and triing to upgrade. Hope this could solve. Let's you know.

Cheers, Luca

Bluetooth iOS11 don't work on handsfree car system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.