Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 has low CPU of 600 instead of 1400

My iphone 6 (model A1586) is running with a CPU of 600 only (tested by CPU DasherX). I have read articles that apple has built this slow down into the new iOS updates to protect battery. My phone is really running slow, but my battery is still ok. I made a test and battery life is 1600 mAh (new it should be 1810 mAh). So really good still. How can I bring up my CPU speed to normal level. Is th

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 2:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2017 1:55 AM

I have exactly the same problem. 600 Mhz CPU and when it's on charge it has 839- 1130 Mhz! It seems it's not only battery problem but hardware(Maybethey have better hardware power control on the boards than the battery). So they 've slow down the cpu without tell anything to customers so they don't have to recall and replace them like Samsung did. If you change the battery you will solve the problem only for a little while. Apple don't says anything until this scandal. Many users at Reddit, MAcrumors and other forums confirms the same issue!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2017 1:55 AM in response to titsch

I have exactly the same problem. 600 Mhz CPU and when it's on charge it has 839- 1130 Mhz! It seems it's not only battery problem but hardware(Maybethey have better hardware power control on the boards than the battery). So they 've slow down the cpu without tell anything to customers so they don't have to recall and replace them like Samsung did. If you change the battery you will solve the problem only for a little while. Apple don't says anything until this scandal. Many users at Reddit, MAcrumors and other forums confirms the same issue!

Iphone 6 has low CPU of 600 instead of 1400

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.