Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing contacts

I wanted a fresh install whilst upgrading from a 6S+ to an X...

I placed the phones together initially (as instructed for the automated transfer) to pass over certain information. Not sure what exactly - but wifi passwords, some contacts etc.

In contacts on the new iPhone I have a bizarre mix of around 60-70% of what is on the old phone - chronologically it makes no sense. some very recently saved contacts have transferred - some haven't. I cant make sense of it.

so I go back to the 6S - Im trying to back up the selected contact information to iCloud but the 6S just doesn't make any progress - 'backing up - Estimated time remaining" is the message non stop. I paid the upgrade to 50GB of storage to make sure it has room.

Im really only interested in the contacts - definitely not photos! - but have no idea what to do next.

Very frustrated.

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 4:00 AM

1 reply

Dec 12, 2017 4:43 PM in response to bigdave78

Hello bigdave78,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that some of your contacts are missing after transferring content to a new iPhone. You've also been unable to create an iCloud backup on your old iPhone. I know contacts can be very valuable. I'm happy to help.

iCloud can be used to access your contacts across multiple devices without restoring from a backup. Please follow the steps in the link below to set up iCloud Contacts on both iPhones.
Keep your contacts up to date on all of your devices with iCloud

Use the following link to help with backing up to iCloud:
If iCloud Backup couldn't be completed or you can't restore

Have a wonderful day!

missing contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.