Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Dock in the middle of the screen

Hello everybody,

I have the last iPad Pro 10” and iOS 11. I have a problem with the ipad And the Dock who gets from time to time stuck in the middle of the screen. Is anybody having this problem? putting the screen in horizontal and the dock will stay in the lower part of the screen but when in vertical it stays in the middle as long as I don’t reboot the iPad. Any clues about this?

Thank you!!!

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 4:33 AM

Hi. Some other users have reported this, but there doesn't seem to be any answer.

Can you relate it to a specific app?

Does it reset on restarting the iPad? Power off, not just sleep.

Please report it to Apple by posting at this link: Feedback - iPad - Apple.

27 replies

Dec 19, 2017 6:01 AM in response to Franbcn82

It seems to me to be an issue when a game runs landscape regardless of the orientation of the iPad. For Example: Hotel Hideaway. This game does not have a portrait mode and if I go into it while holding my iPad in portrait mode then exit the game sometimes this results in the floating dock. It doesn’t happen every time, though, so it might be a combination of actions.

Jan 29, 2018 7:04 PM in response to ajollynerd

Following this advice was was the worst mistake I ever made. My dock items are gone, my passwords are gone, my WiFi logins are gone, my desktop background is gone. I am not sure what else is gone, but it is substantial. It took a very long time to reset. In hindsight, I should have just rebooted like everyone else suggested; it is FASTER and leaves you where you expect to be. And I am definitely in agreement with the other posts that APPLE HAS SOME WORK TO DO TO EITHER BLOCK NON-COMPLIANT SOFTWARE (take it off of the App store) OR FIX THIS BUG IN THE IOS SOFTWARE!!

Jan 31, 2018 11:01 AM in response to Old Guy in CT

So sorry you seem to have had an issue. Obviously, resetting all settings will result in some things being set back to default, but it shouldn't have been "substantial".

Since a reboot does not always resolve this issue (several reboots had no effect in my particular case), I was presenting this option as an alternative. Also, given the vagueries of software, what works for one user may or may not work well (or, indeed, at all) for others. This is why "your mileage may vary".

Best of luck going forward.

Feb 9, 2018 4:50 AM in response to Franbcn82

Hi guys! I have the same issue. I use battle bay a lot on my ipad. And it only runs in landscape. I believe this is the source of your problem. Others have stated this in the chat. Quick tip. If your dock has disappeared completly and you don’t feel like restarted the iPad flip the ipad around and the dock will appear up in the middle of your screen.

thanks.

Ipad Dock in the middle of the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.